Hot Air Balloon ride Over Luxor
After early morning pickup from your central Luxor hotel or cruise ship, travel by air-conditioned vehicle to the launch site on the west bank of the Nile River. On arrival, enjoy a light pre-flight snack and refreshments, and meet your expert pilot and ground crew.
Next, listen to a comprehensive safety briefing and step inside the balloon’s sturdy basket with your pilot and several other passengers. Then, feel your adrenaline surge as the brightly colored balloon rises into the still-dark sky for your approximate 30 to 45-minute flight. Soak up the jaw-dropping, aerial views just as the sun peeps over the east bank of the Nile River.
Watch as the light illuminates the surrounding mountains and buildings of Luxor, and be sure to capture the unforgettable scenes on camera. Look to the east to see the pillars of Karnak Temple greet the morning sun, and then turn west to admire Queen Hatshepsut’s Temple cast in the glow of dawn. View the Colossi of Memnon rising from the nearby fields, and in the distance, take in the Valley of the Queens, nestled in the craggy mountains.
Then, if the wind conditions are right, float over the Ramesseum, the impressive funerary temple of Pharaoh Ramses II, and gaze down at its pylons, statues and courtyards.
As you fly, a ground support van and crew will follow your balloon, and will be there when you land. After a safe touchdown, step back onto land and receive your personal flight certificate and souvenir.
Finally, drive back to Luxor where your experience ends with a drop-off at your hotel or ship in time for breakfast and your morning tour departures.
- Hot air balloon flight
- English speaking guide/pilot
- Flight certificate and souvenir
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Snacks and refreshments before flight
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Up to 2 years: FREE
- Age from 2 and below 6 years: 25% of adult price
- Age from 6 up to 11 years: 50% of adult price
- Ages 12 and Up: adult price.
- Children policy is applied to children who share rooms with their parents ( Maximum 1 Child sharing parent's room )
- If your tour includes airfare, additional charges for your children may apply.